Wednesday 22 April 2015

Illustrated Character Sheets

I've been putting together some character sheets based on a couple of my stories. In case you haven't come across them before character sheets are a collection of illustrations of one character in different poses - a way of showing others that you can be consistent. They are great fun to do and I'm finding that it is a way of getting to know my characters a little better.

An art editor recommended that rough sketches be included on the sheets. To be honest this is something I wouldn't have thought of doing but now that they are on there I feel that they add depth. I put blobs of pure colour on for reference but I'm not sure that this is important for others so might take them off. Perhaps they are a little distracting.

More character sheets to come soon.

The main character in my graphic novel for 7-9 year olds.

The main character in one of my picture book stories.

No comments :

Post a Comment